TMDHosting is an award-winning hosting provider launched in 2007. The company offers a wide range of hosting plans to suit different types of users, making it a reliable and solid choice for simple or more complex hosting projects.
TMDHosting has shared, cloud, VPS, and dedicated server plans. The shared plans are suitable for individuals who want to run hobby or personal sites, while cloud, VPS, and dedicated offer more flexibility, reliability, and speed.
Reseller plans are also available for agencies and freelancers who want to offer white label hosting to their clients to complement their existing services. The reseller packages are great value for money and feature-rich.
TMD has a 99.99% uptime rating — among the best in the industry. This makes the firm a great choice for mission-critical websites, or anyone who needs the assurance that their business website will stay online for the majority of the time.
The company offers a fully managed service on all its hosting plans, which is perfect for inexperienced users with no technical knowledge. Having the support of trained hosting technicians to hand is a major plus point of this service.
The customer service is friendly and responsive at TMD. Non-technical users can benefit from free website transfers from their previous host. This ensures a smooth transition and a smoother, less stressful hosting experience.
With affordable pricing, reliable uptime, fast speeds, and tons of features, TMD is among the best hosts online. Read on to find out more about this hosting provider.
TMDHosting General Info & Hosting Overview
AVG. UPTIME (180 Day):
PING SPEED (Fremont, US):
24/7 support, 365 days a year
Unlimited Data Transfer
SITE TRANSFER (includes website files and database)
MONEY BACK POLICY (Shared and cloud hosting plans only):
Advantages of TMDHosting:
1. Faster shared hosting and customizable plans with WordPress support – TMDHosting has faster shared hosting in comparison to most other web hosts, plus WordPress-specific plans that increase the speed of WordPress websites. The uptime guarantee of 99.99% is much higher than average. There are many perks on offer, including a free domain name, free website transfer, a drag-and-drop site builder, as well as hundreds of one-click install open source applications.
2. Generous resource allocation – TMDHosting stands out for its pricing, which makes it one of the cheapest managed hosting services on the market. Here, you get unlimited disk space, unlimited channel bandwidth, and a free domain name — even on a basic tariff plan. This is generous compared to most similar-priced hosts who often limit disk space and bandwidth, especially on their lower-priced packages.
3. Free daily backup – With an automatic free daily backup service on all plans (even on the cheapest, most basic plan), users have less reason to worry about losing their website files. Lost or deleted files can be restored quickly. Even so, it is still best practice to take a personal backup in the event disaster strikes!
4. Faster loading times – TMDHosting promises up to 16 times faster page loading speed by combining three layers of caching (APC, OPCache, and Varnish) with solid state drives (SSDs) to ensure pages load as fast as possible. This makes download speeds noticeably faster than standard web hosting with no caching or SSD support.
TMD offers an impressive choice of data center locations for their web hosting. Most competitors only provide a single hosting location or a smaller choice of locations. TMD provides 7 locations, which are currently located in:
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Chicago, IL
- London, England
- Phoenix, AZ
- Singapore, Singapore
- Sydney, Australia
- Tokyo, Japan
The variety of hosting locations means that TMD can better-serve clients in all regions of the world. It also assists customers with location-specific hosting needs.
5. Money back guarantee – TMDHosting has a 60-day money-back guarantee for new clients, which is twice as long as what most web hosts offer. This means customers can test the packages for up to two months risk-free. If the experience fails to live up to expectations, the customer can request a full refund.
TMDHosting Prices, Hosting Plans:
Pros & Cons of Using TMDHosting
TMDHosting has a fast setup process, enabling users to get up and running in minutes. They also offer free site migration for customers moving from other hosts. The 99.99% uptime rating is impressive and beats the majority of rival hosts. There is a 60-day money-back guarantee on shared and cloud hosting, and a 30-day money-back guarantee on VPS and dedicated servers.
All TMD servers have SSD hard disks and utilize caching for fast website loading speeds. Other features include a cPanel control panel, free SSL, free automatic daily backups, one-click install apps (over 1,300 apps), and responsive customer service. There are a few minor drawbacks. Like most providers, to gain the lowest price, customers must lock-in and pay upfront for 36 months.
The customer service is generally good, but only live chat is available 24/7. Telephone support is limited to office hours. TMDHosting provides customer support via telephone and live chat. Overall, users enjoy responsive and prompt service. During busy periods there can be slight delays, especially when contacting the company by telephone. However, the experience is mostly positive.
In summary, TMDHosting is a reliable, fast, and feature-rich host for individuals and businesses of all sizes. The pricing is competitive, especially if users lock-in for 36 months.
With a simple setup process, 99.99% uptime, and helpful customer support, TMD is a solid choice for any hosting requirements.*
* Information correct at the time of publishing
Disclosure of earnings: we use affiliate links in all of the hosting services that appear on this page. This means we earn a commission if you purchase hosting services through the links and ads without any extra cost to you. This commission helps us cover the costs of the running the site. Thank you for your support! Read more