SiteGround Web Hosting Review
SiteGround is a popular web hosting company that has been around since 2004. The host offers standard shared hosting and managed WordPress hosting. Specialist WooCommerce hosting is also supported for e-commerce websites. Higher-end, scalable cloud hosting is available for more demanding web hosting projects.
Now a well-established host that specializes in WordPress websites, SiteGround has developed into a feature-rich yet affordable hosting provider. It boasts over 2 million websites, the majority of which are owned by small to medium-sized businesses.
One of the key selling points of SiteGround is its user-friendly approach. New and inexperienced users will feel right at home here. Everything is easy to understand and simple. There’s even a free ‘drag and drop’ website builder that allows customers to set up a fully functional website in minutes.
The pricing is competitive, but for the best value, opt for the mid-range hosting plans. These provide a larger allocation of resources and enable users to host unlimited websites. All plans come with unmetered bandwidth as standard. A 30-day money-back guarantee gives customers protection should they want a refund.
SiteGround General Info & Hosting Overview
AVG. UPTIME (180 Days):
PING SPEED (Fremont, US):
SUPPORT (Live Chat/Phone/Knowledgebase):
Free via a WordPress plugin otherwise paid (unless on a higher paid tier)
MONEY BACK POLICY:
30-day (14 days for cloud hosting plans)
Advantages of SiteGround:
1. Speed – While not the fastest in our tests, SiteGround still ranks within the top 10 for speed. The host is no slouch by any means, but faster service is available elsewhere. Considering the wide range of features, ease of use, and competitive pricing, the speed is not really a major issue for the majority of users.
2. Availability – The uptime has remained remarkably steady at 99.99% at SiteGround. This shows the uptime guarantee can be trusted. The network is secure, stable, and regularly tested to ensure vulnerabilities are ironed out. This attention to detail ensures great service times for mission-critical websites.
3. Ease of use – Managing a website with SiteGround is really simple, even for the most inexperienced of users. The cPanel control panel makes managing files, e-mail, websites, and apps easy. More inexperienced users can take advantage of the free website builder (a user-friendly ‘drag and drop’ tool for fast website building).
4. Variety of languages – This company offers its services in several languages and as such, appeals to a wide international audience. Thanks to this additional capability, it has around 2 million customers throughout the world. SiteGround also has 4 data centers for customers who need location-based services:
- Iowa, USA
- London, UK
- Eemshaven, Netherlands
- Frankfurt, DE
- Sydney, AU
- Singapore, Singapore
Pros & Cons of Using SiteGround Hosting
SiteGround is a popular web hosting provider, widely known for its ease of use and 99.99% uptime guarantee which ensures sites stay online and available for business. Our in-house testing confirms the network does regularly achieve this uptime.
They deliver impressive performance at an affordable price. Even the cheapest plans come with free migration, free SSL, free Cloudflare CDN, and one-click install apps. A free website builder is available and allows inexperienced users to set up a website the quick and easy way. All SiteGround servers use fast SSD hard disk drives for improved website loading times.
However, like many web hosts, the pricing could be more transparent. Renewal costs are often much higher than the introductory price. There is no free domain name offer available. Several competitor services offer a free domain name for the first year. There is only 10GB of web space on the cheapest plan and a bandwidth limit of 10k visitors per month. Some providers offer a greater amount of storage and unlimited bandwidth on their basic plans.
Customer support at SiteGround is available 24/7 via live chat, e-mail, and telephone. The support is generally responsive, but there are a few negative feedback reviews (as is the case with most web hosts). Overall, customer service is average to above average for the price point.
In summary, SiteGround offers good value hosting plans with decent website loading speeds. The provider consistently achieves 99.99% server uptime. The host is especially recommended for users of WordPress. SiteGround’s managed WordPress hosting is reliable, feature-rich, and competitively priced. Therefore, if you are looking for accommodation for your website that is fast, secure, and also has great technical support to help you with any problem, SiteGround is an excellent option.*
* Information correct at the time of publishing
Disclosure of earnings: we use affiliate links in all of the hosting services that appear on this page. This means we earn a commission if you purchase hosting services through the links and ads without any extra cost to you. This commission helps us cover the costs of the running the site. Thank you for your support! Read more