JustHost Web Hosting Review
Launched in 2008, JustHost is a large and feature-rich web host. It is now owned by Endurance International Group (also behind Bluehost, HostGator, and a variety of other brands). The company primarily offers shared hosting plans, aimed at individuals, startup businesses, and entrepreneurs. But VPS and dedicated plans are also available for users who need more stability and guaranteed performance.
JustHost is one of the best web hosts for people new to web hosting, or for individuals and small businesses who are operating on a low budget. The pricing is great value for money and cheaper than many competing hosts. The features are also impressive for the price. Speed and uptime is average but still respectable.
The host is one of the best value on the market and particularly recommended for its ease of use and one-click install applications. New users will find JustHost makes setting up a website quick and easy. A free domain name, free security tools, free email address, and generous disk space give the host widespread appeal.
Every shared hosting plan comes with cPanel as standard, enabling easy administration of the hosting platform. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee as well, similarly to many other web hosts. If customers are not completely satisfied with the service in the first month, they can request a refund.
JustHost General Info & Hosting Overview
AVG. UPTIME (180 Days):
PING SPEED (Fremont, US):
SUPPORT (Telephone, Live Chat, Knowledgebase):
Unlimited Data Transfer
Limited to 200,000 inodes (file information records)
MONEY BACK POLICY (does not apply to most add- on products, such as domains):
Advantages of JustHost:
1. Free domain name – Customers receive a free domain name for one year when they open a JustHost account. For users setting up their first website, this keeps costs to a minimum. While this is a welcome feature, it is not uncommon to web hosts. That said, there are a number of hosting providers that fail to offer this service.
2. 30-day money-back guarantee – JustHost offers a 30-day money-back guarantee (excluding add-ons and domain fees). This gives customers peace of mind when purchasing. In the event that a customer does not receive the quality of hosting, uptime or speed they expect, they can request a refund.
3. Easy to use – JustHost stands out from the competition with its accessible and easy-to-use interface, which can be used for both personal and business needs. With a single and simple control panel, and a dedicated technical support team, which is available 24/7, the company offers the most customer-friendly experience.
4. Good value for the price – Customers on a low budget will find JustHost offers decent value for money. This is especially the case if users lock-in to a 3-year contract (month-to-month and yearly plans are more expensive). The host has a good mix of features, customer service, and support for a competitive price.
Pros & Cons of Using JustHost Hosting
JustHost offers competitive pricing and a wide range of features, such as unmetered bandwidth and a free domain name. They provide near-instant account setup, allowing customers to use the service almost immediately. Rival hosts can take much longer to validate an account. There are many notable features, such as a free email address, free SSL certificates, and a cPanel control panel. There is also a free website builder with 100s of design templates to choose from. Customers can install WordPress, Joomla, and other apps in seconds. A 30-day money-back guarantee gives new customers peace of mind when purchasing.
The pricing is good value for money. But customers must lock-in for 3 years to get the lowest price, and customers should watch out for the renewal price, which can be considerably higher than the introductory rate. This tactic is seen across the entire industry. There is a 100MB storage limit for email messages on the most basic shared hosting account. This can be problematic for users who work with attachments.
Support can be reached via telephone and live chat, but the response times are not great, and the customer service is average at best. More helpful customer service is available from other hosting providers. There is a customer knowledge base available, but this it is difficult to navigate and does not answer all queries.
In summary, JustHost has plenty to offer, including super-fast account setup and unmetered bandwidth. But there are a few drawbacks to consider. The pricing is not the best, even if users lock-in for 3 years. Speeds and uptime could be improved, as could the quality of customer service. However, for newbies looking for a web host to create a basic blog or website, then JustHost is a reasonable prospect.*
* Information correct at the time of publishing
Disclosure of earnings: we use affiliate links in all of the hosting services that appear on this page. This means we earn a commission if you purchase hosting services through the links and ads without any extra cost to you. This commission helps us cover the costs of the running the site. Thank you for your support! Read more