InMotion Web Hosting Review
InMotion Hosting is a leading and trusted web hosting company, serving more than 100,000 customers around the world. Although more of a business-focused web host, InMotion is actually suitable for any type of hosting project. Hobbyists, startups, SMEs, and enterprise companies can find plenty to smile about at InMotion.
They offer standard shared hosting, VPS, and dedicated server hosting. Shared WordPress hosting is one of the most popular plans and delivers the perfect environment to host WordPress CMS websites. Cloud hosting solutions are also on offer for businesses who need access to scalable resources on-demand.
InMotion has decent uptime (99.95% on average) and above average speeds when compared to the rest of the market. There is also a wide range of features on offer for an affordable price. Unlimited bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, and free email as standard are just some of the stand-out features available.
The customer service is also good quality at InMotion. Our research found the response times better than average. Customers can contact support via live chat, telephone, and email. A support centre is available and deals with common queries. Overall, InMotion is a great value, all-around solid provider for all types of project.
InMotion General Info & Hosting Overview
AVG. UPTIME (180 Days):
PING SPEED (Fremont, US):
SUPPORT (Live Chat):
Unlimited Data Transfer
Free cPanel transfer or 3 sites upto 10GB
MONEY BACK POLICY:
90-Day (Business, VPS, and reseller plans only, otherwise 30-days)
Advantages of InMotion:
1. SSD drives for all your servers – All InMotion servers use SSDs (Solid State Drives). This results in faster loading times and quicker data recovery in comparison to traditional hard disks. Users also benefit from a well-maintained and secure network with fast connectivity, ensuring high levels of performance and uptime.
2. Multiple data centres – When purchasing hosting services, customers can select from a range of data centre locations. For users with location-specific requirements, this is ideal. Some website hosts only offer a single location. A choice of server locations is also helpful for people who need country-specific hosting for SEO.
3. Excellent customer service – InMotion customer support is generally very good and knowledgeable. Most customers will experience fast response times, although there can be minor delays during busy periods. Customer support representatives are available 24/7. However, telephone is often unavailable outside of office hours.
4. Drag and drop website builder – Although largely geared towards business website projects, InMotion can still be a good option for people starting a new website. The host has a free ‘drag and drop’ website builder so users can create a website the quick and easy way. Pro design services are available for an extra fee.
Pros & Cons of Using InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting is a well-established, USA-based web hosting company, largely targeted towards business use. The company provides a good mix of shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting for different types of users. Specialist shared WordPress hosting is also available. InMotion offers plenty of features for an affordable price. The hosting fees are generally in-line with most competitors. Lock-in for 3 years to get the cheapest deal. With 99.95% average uptime, InMotion is worth considering — especially for business use. They offer many features and impressive customer service.
InMotion consistently achieves 99.95% uptime, making it a solid, reliable choice for business hosting. Having said that, individuals can also use the service. The customer service is excellent at this price point. Users can get help or advice 24/7 via live chat, e-mail, and telephone. Customer service operators are friendly, helpful, and responsive. There are rarely any major issues when contacting support, and there is a 90-day money-back guarantee on most types of plan.
Other features include a free domain name, free SSL certificate, free site migration, and free automatic backups. Customers can also easily install WordPress within a few clicks. Over 400 ready-made apps are available for quick installation. Just like with all web hosts, there are some drawbacks. The first is that there are no free automatic backups as standard. Users must pay an extra fee for a regular backup service. There is also a long-winded verification process. This involves a verification by telephone for security purposes.
In summary, InMotion can be a cost-effective choice for business hosting. They offer some great feature-rich deals, especially on their 3-year shared hosting plans. The service is generally good, with decent uptime, and their prices are reasonable and therefore suitable for most budgets.*
* Information correct at the time of publishing
Disclosure of earnings: we use affiliate links in all of the hosting services that appear on this page. This means we earn a commission if you purchase hosting services through the links and ads without any extra cost to you. This commission helps us cover the costs of the running the site. Thank you for your support! Read more