FastComet Hosting Review
Established in 2013, FastComet operates 11 data centers around the world and delivers impressive uptime averages with fast page loading speeds. They offer shared hosting, VPS, dedicated, and scalable cloud hosting packages. WordPress, OpenCart, and WooCommerce specialist hosting is also available.
The company has won multiple awards for best customer service, making it a great option for users who appreciate the many benefits of having knowledgeable staff on demand. Compared to competitor hosts, FastComet’s level of customer service is well above average. Responses are generally prompt and helpful.
The pricing is competitive and on par with other ‘top 10’ web hosts. The most basic plan is great value for money, but only supports a single website. Upgrading to a mid tier or higher plan provides a wider range of features and resources. Paying a little more also gives users extra RAM allocation to increase website speed.
With free website migration, 24/7 support, quality customer service, SSD hard disks, cPanel, and Softaculous, FastComet is pretty complete in what it offers. The customer service is good and users have a wide range of plans to select from. FastComet is especially recommended for WordPress-driven websites.
FastComet General Info & Hosting Overview
AVG. UPTIME (180 Days):
PING SPEED (Fremont, US):
N/A (Blocked by Firewall)
SUPPORT (Live chat):
25k unique vistors
15GB, 25GB and 35GB caps, according to the plan
Free Single Website
MONEY BACK POLICY (Cloud shared hosting):
45-day (7 days for VPS/DS Servers)
Advantages of FastComent:
1. Good uptime of 99.67% – FastComet have figured out how to deliver impressive, rock-solid uptime. Part of their success is investing in high-end infrastructure and reliable server components. All hosting plans operate on cloud-like hosting, ensuring maximum uptime levels and failsafes should a website happen to go offline.
2. Great page loading speed – Another benefit of FastComet is the fast page loading speed. The provider uses a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to take the burden off servers and make sites faster. The ‘SSD only’ cloud network gives 300% faster access to files and databases compared to non-SSD hosting providers.
3. Managed migration service – FastComet provides managed website transfers on all of their plans. This means users do not need to worry about moving their website across from their existing provider. FastComet handles everything, including moving all the files and databases, and setting up email accounts.
4. Domain transfer service – FastComet will renew a domain name for one year, completely free of charge. This domain name transfer service helps customers to save money in the first year. Customer support representatives are on hand to assist with domain transfers and can complete this as part of a website migration.
FastComet Prices, Hosting Plans:
Pros & Cons of Using FastComent Hosting
FastComet is a competitively priced, popular web host with plenty to offer. The company is recommended for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting is available. The provider also has a range of specialist hosting plans for WordPress, WooCommerce, OpenCart, and Magento.
The Softaculous feature is a particularly welcome addition. This automates the installation of commercial and open source web applications to websites. Most of the non-dedicated hosting is based on cloud-technology. This provides great flexibility and superb uptime (over 99.67%). The plans are feature-rich and include unlimited databases, FTP accounts, and subdomains.
The host has good uptime, among the best on the market. It achieves 99.67% and above on a regular basis, which is great for mission-critical sites. Even the most basic shared hosting plan comes with a free domain name, free SSL, SSD drives, cPanel, daily backups, and free website migrations.
A free website builder is available and allows inexperienced users to set up a fully functioning website in minutes, with no technical knowledge required. There is spam filtering for all e-mail accounts. FastComet also has a 45-day money-back guarantee policy — above average compared to the rest of the market.
FastComet is pretty complete in what it offers. There are many features and the pricing is competitive. But the host is not without its faults. Basic shared hosting plans also restrict the number of visitors a website can generate to around 25k unique visitors. Many competitors offer unlimited traffic and bandwidth.
The most basic plan only provides room for a single website. Users must upgrade and pay extra to host more websites. Additionally, renewal costs are likely to be much higher than the introductory price. FastComet has very good customer service. It is among the best on the market in this price category. They offer responsive customer support by live chat, email, and telephone.
In summary, FastComet is a good host for individuals or businesses who run WordPress, Magento, WooCommerce, or OpenCart websites. The pricing is competitive and the customer service is better than most. The basic plan, however, can only accommodate a single website, and users who want to run multiple sites may find better value elsewhere.*
* Information correct at the time of publishing
Disclosure of earnings: we use affiliate links in all of the hosting services that appear on this page. This means we earn a commission if you purchase hosting services through the links and ads without any extra cost to you. This commission helps us cover the costs of the running the site. Thank you for your support! Read more