Bluehost Web Hosting Review
About Bluehost Web Hosting
Bluehost is a popular U.S. web hosting company owned by Endurance International Group. It is one of the 20 largest web hosts in the world, hosting well over 2 million domains along with its sister companies, HostMonster, FastDomain, and iPage.
Just In: Hostgator Web hosting Reviews
The company operates its servers at an in-house facility in Provo, Utah, which is now shared with sister company HostMonster. Bluehost employs over 750 people in its Utah facility and as such, can support the latest technology and infrastructure.
They offer shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting plans. The wide range of packages suits individuals, small businesses, and larger enterprises. Good value reseller hosting plans are also available for webmasters, freelancers, and agencies.
Bluehost’s specialist WordPress hosting plans are among the most popular and provide the perfect environment to host WordPress-driven websites. Users can upgrade to managed WordPress hosting for a more fully-featured service.
As one of the most easy to use web hosts, Bluehost is ideal for beginners. The provider has a user-friendly, attractive member interface that is perfect for inexperienced users. There’s also a free website builder with 100s of templates.
The basic plan at Bluehost is fairly limited, but is still a great option for single websites. However, it can be very worthwhile spending a little more to take advantage of great resource allocations on the higher plans.
Bluehost General Info & Hosting Overview
AVG. UPTIME (180 Days):
PiNG SPEED (Fremont, US):
SUPPORT (Live Chat/Phone/Email):
50 GB SSD
Free Single Website
MONEY BACK POLICY (does not apply to add-on products, such as domains):
Advantages of Bluehost:
1. Recommended by WordPress.org – BlueHost is on the WordPress.org host recommendation list. This means the company has demonstrated itself as a dependable WordPress hosting provider. Customers who run WordPress sites will find Bluehost offers competitive pricing and a wide range of features.
2. A great choice for newbies – One of the best aspects of Bluehost is its ease of use, especially for inexperienced users. The registration process is simple and we like how the custom BlueHost panel works. The host also offers free website migrations and a website builder with many free and premium templates
3. Full daily backup and restore of the account – Bluehost provides automatic daily backups and full restorations with all their hosting plans. Some competitor hosts only offer weekly backups, and some companies even charge for this as an extra! Automatic daily backups give peace of mind in the event disaster strikes.
4. Large storage capacity – We particularly like Bluehost’s generous storage allocation of 50GB, even on the most basic plan. Most similarly-priced web hosts only offer 2GB to 10GB on their cheapest plan, so this is a major selling point. However, unlimited storage is available for a small extra monthly fee.
Bluehost has many notable benefits, including consistent 99.98% uptime. Page loading times are decent on the shared hosting plan but are not the fastest on the market. The cheapest, most basic plan has a large storage capacity of 50GB. This is much higher than the majority of similarly-priced hosts. Other perks include a free domain name for the first year, free website builder, 5 free e-mail accounts, free SSL, free Cloudflare CDN, and one-click install apps.
Bluehost does have a few disadvantages. The renewal pricing is higher than the introductory price. We feel the pricing structure could be clearer. The most basic plan is restricted to a single website. Users can upgrade to host unlimited sites, but this comes at additional cost. Spam filtering is unavailable on the cheapest plan, and for customers making use of e-mail, it can be worthwhile upgrading to take advantage of extra security. Considering Bluehost manages millions of websites, the customer service is generally positive. The company provides support 24/7 by phone, live chat, and email. At peak times, there is often a slight wait for support, but this is not excessive.
In summary, Bluehost is a hugely popular hosting provider and manages to do many things well. The uptime is impressive and plans have multiple features available. The provider is a great choice for beginners who want the secure backing of a large company, or for users who simply want a good mix of features at a budget-friendly price. Bluehost also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee (minus domain and add-on fees), which gives peace of mind to new customers, so feel free to give them a try.*
* Information correct at the time of publishing
Disclosure of earnings: we use affiliate links in all of the hosting services that appear on this page. This means we earn a commission if you purchase hosting services through the links and ads without any extra cost to you. This commission helps us cover the costs of the running the site. Thank you for your support! Read more